This is a provocative and an out of the box idea. I have my own ideas but I wish this post to be a bit different. I want readers to write for it or against it, giving their own ideas.
Let me write a few points for it:
1. UK has its Islamic terrorists - Hizbut Tahrir headquartered in UK to create mayhem in Central Asia and then some in Afghanistan for their Great Game.
2. USA used Osama bin Laden and mujahiddeen to oust the Russians
3. Pakistan is routinely used by US, UK and China and Pakistan happily sells its mother to the highest bidder
4. Al Qaeda is ideologically linked and not prone to bribes. It is against the infidel Pakistan army elements those who side with the "kafir" Americans.
5. Al Qaeda was never against India - it was sold Kashmir by Pakistan for it to get safe haven in Af-Pak. If India helps Al Qaeda in its fight against Pakistan Army, Kashmir and India will not be in their agenda.
6. Al Qaeda desperately wants India to attack Pakistan so that they are able to use the cracks to come close to nuclear arsenals and power. It already has mass support in lower cadres of the Islamist Pakistan Army and few supporters even in the top echeleons.
7. India tells Al Qaeda, war is a messy affair - we will help you get what you want from sabotage from inside.
8. This will surely ring alarm bells in Israel and US and we can expect them to clean the shit as they are expecting India to clean the shit after US leaves Afghanistan to the mercy of the Taliban. (This time though, its not going to be that easy).
Your comments - ladies and gentlemen :)
I think the debate has been v healthy. I will say that it has been good to throw such a provocative idea around.
However, it is just an idea and it is not very practical in the long term perspective.
Yes, there are points which are weak within the LeT to Al-Qaeda system that can be exploited, which I am very sure is being exploited.
However, where India can do much more, is Baloch movement. I really dont think much happening there in military terms!! Time to seriously up the ante :)