Prevaricate(verb) – speak or act evasively or misleadingly.
Pusillanimous (adj) – lacking courage, timid.
Two words that came to my mind the moment I saw the news tonight (Times Now, 9th Feb) where the Pakistani guest (PG) was facing off ex-Indian diplomat G. Parthasarathy. The conversation went something like this:
P.G – Pakistan’s dossier is ready but only just. We have further questions to ask India. After all, we were not called at the site of the incident (26/11), nor did we question Ajmal Kasav.
G. Parthasarthy: Pakistan is lying. They were invited and were granted consular access to Ajmal Kasav but Pakistan till date have been denying that Kasav is a Pakistani even though their Geo TV interviewed his parents. (Parthasarty missed the point about the sacking of Durrani on this count).
P.G. – The basic contours of the report to be handed over to India will state three things:
1. 26/11 was planned outside of Pakistan in an European country, a country which is itself a victim of terrorism.
2. The money for 26/11 came from a rich Middle eastern nation.
3. Indian RAW had advance knowledge of this attack and still did not do anything.
G.Parthasarthy – All this is to whitewash the real perpetrators. Why does not Pakistan look at where the terrorists came from? Why have the families of all 10 terrorists (of 26/11) been shifted and hidden? Indian government does not have the gumption to take strong diplomatic action. They just blow hot and cold. I would want an immediate withdrawal of High Commissioner from Pakistan and the Pak High Commissioner should be sent back.
BuA: In Indian leadership lost opportunities I wrote:
India cannot afford another weak kneed Prime Minister at its helm, who should read “Foreign Affairs for Dummies” before taking on the wheel of the nation. Foreign leaders have assailed Indian leaders in public and private (Kissinger tapes etc) and this was not without reason.
India’s defensive stance in the global platform was built around non-alignment and non-violence, as if that would give India a high moral ground. The question people forgot to ask: High moral ground from whom – from the marauding Chinese, expansionist Russia or the interventionist USA? Or were we trying to impress the plethora of smaller African and South American nations whose standing in the international forum counted for nothing. Nobody likes a weakling – they are not given respect.
India today, deserves respect.
India today, has to chart its path out from the venomous snake pits of jehadism, Chinese and Pakistani confabulations, global economic meltdown and other myriad contentious issues – and for that we need a strong Prime Minster.
We have had eminent leaders with global perspective whose vision has been world betterment. Whilst the cause is certainly noble and I salute it, India has had to sacrifice its ‘strength’ on the socialist alter.
In the article : With limited military options what can India do – I laid BARE the duplicitousness of our PM and Foreign Minister and wrote:
1. India planned to attack at terrorist camps surgically. With most of the camps emptied out, these strikes would have been only symbolic. The aggressive stance of Pranab Mukherjee and the submissive stance of Manmohan Singh is calibrated to fit the proverbial "bad cop good cop" game theorizing. Indian elections are due in 2009 and if the Congress party is not seen to do anything, then their election prospects will be "doomed". Notice, how AR Antulay keeps his job, just to pander to "vote bank politics"
2. India asked USA to get Pakistan's approval for the surgical strikes, so that Pakistan does not retaliate. It is precisely for this reason Adm. Mike Mullen went to Pakistan to ask Pakistan to lay low when India strikes at terrorist training camps of LeT and others in Pakistan Occupied Kashmir (POK) and near Lahore. It seems the civilian government gave its nod for "limited" Indian attacks in POK but not in mainland Pakistan, which includes areas near Lahore.
3. Mike Mullen fails in this as COAS Kiyani made it clear that regardless of how the civilan government chooses to respond to the US request to allow Indian ’surgical strikes’, Pakistan Army will not accept any Indian intrusion. The scrambling of jets over Lahore and Islamabad was part of this and the armed forces are alert and ready to defend against any Indian action.
Kiyani is also said to have told US Michael Mullen that in event of any aggression from India, the US and NATO can ‘forget about’ using Pakistan territory to supply their forces in Afghanistan as all resources will be diverted to defending against India on the eastern border.
Mike Mullen tells India, he fails in his effort.
We are thinking the US will solve our problems for us. Why ? Read this article : So you think the Americans will help India – WAKE UP !!
Two things need to be done immediately.
1. Snap diplomatic ties
2. Render Indus Water Treaty null and void and squeeze the Chenab tap from Himachal (far away from Pak army / airforce reach)
And lastly we need to get rid off this present government who has tried to hoax us by playing this game with us. Must say, Pranab Mukherjee does put up a good act. With elections coming, there will be sabre rattling, but no action on the ground. This government does not have an appetite for a war.
We have given too much time to one dynasty - one family, who has put our name and pride down the gutter.
Will not dwell on this much in this post, but I want to point out I have nothing "major" against Congress Party per se - except for two "major" issues: i) dynasty politics - much better people are not elevated to govern and ii) vote bank politics - will keep all these for a later post, before the elections. At the same time these pseudo-rightwingers like MNS and Ram Sene attacking and behaving like louts deserve thrashing and jail sentences. We have every right to drink in moderation or move around with our girlfriends - holding hands if need be, as long as we maintain decency and I must say this - have not seen an indecent couple loitering around in Indian roads - ever!)
Last but not the least - LOOK WHO IS THREATENING INDIA NOW
"India should know that it will have to pay a heavy price if it attacks Pakistan," Mustafa Abu al-Yazid, believed to be al-Qaida's military commander in Afghanistan and ranked behind No 2 Ayman al-Zawahiri. The Mujahideen will sunder your armies into the ground, like they did to the Russians in Afghanistan. They will target your economic centres and raze them to the ground."
Oh by the way, Pakistan Army claimed to have killed Mustafa Abu al Yazid just 6 months back to the US - and probably got cash for it too !!
TALIBAN (LeT, Lashkar e Jhangvi etc):
Baitullah Mehsud announced full support to the army against archrival India if it makes any aggression against the country. “Thousands of our well-armed Mujahideen are ready to fight alongside the (Pakistan) army if any war is imposed on Pakistan. Baitullah Mahsud said, hundreds of would-be bombers were given Martyrdom jackets and explosives-laden vehicles for protection of the border in case of any aggression by the Indian forces. “Our Mujahideen would be in the vanguard if fighting broke out. Our fighters will fall on the enemy like thunder."
Ahmed Shuja Pasha declared Baitullah Mehsud as a TRUE PATRIOT.
Excuse me, were you not fighting against him and calling him a terrorist? Apparently not - the "deception" continues.
Al Qaeda + Taliban(& LeT etc) + ISI = TRUE Face of Pakistan ARMY. They are one and the same - the three muskateers.
INDIA - BOMB THE ECONOMIC INTERESTS OF PAK ARMY, PALATIAL HOUSES OF CURRENT AND EX PAK ARMY PERSONNEL AND BOMB THEIR PALACES IN MACAU TO RUBBLE.
We need a government that will give us the “FINAL SOLUTION” (= extermination of extremism) that will lead to peace and stability in the region.